Monday, November 01, 2004

Ivy Moon, Day19

I went to my local power center today.
There is this beautiful grove of redwoods nearby and from time to time I feel the pull to go and walk there.
As I was walking I would stop to hear the silence, I could hear my heart beating and the blood rushing through my head, that's how quiet it was. What a nice change from the noise of daily living.
The same silence can be heard when meditating, or when you suddenly shut off the radio or tv and just bask in the hush, like taking media cotton out of your ears so you can hear what's real.
It reminds me how much I need the real.
As if to answer me, the scene before my eyes became fuzzy, like it was raining only the sun was shining through the trees. The Real, pushing in upon our perceptions. I so appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home