Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Winter Solstice

The longest night of the year. And now it begins, the lengthening of days, return of light, oh how I need the Light!
The previous weeks have been more lessons, more learning how very far I have to go. Here I think I am, walking along so self possessed, thinking I'm so "spiritual". Balderdash! I can wallow in the mud with the worst and best of us. I am as unclean and needing to be healed as any leper. I am so glad that there is One who is higher, and yet right here in and with me, not fooled by my facade.
Sitting here on the ground naked is an interresting experience, and a somewhat "chilly" one. I feel very vulnerable and weak, very much in need of forgiveness, acceptence, and redemption from the Universe. I feel like a tree bereft of its leaves, naked branches, naked bark, naked body at the mercy of the elements, being rained on, snowed on, and then Phoebe comes shining benignly sending her light her warmth, her forgiveness and strength to help me wake up from my self imposed ignorant slumber. All I can be is greatful. All I can do is keep working on supplanting the ego and being of service, passing on the redemption given so freely to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home