Friday, August 30, 2013

The Garden 'round Sunset

It was so quiet walking in the garden this evening. I can't stop being amazed at how prolific it has been this year, exploding with growing things everywhere! Planted zucchini that just keeps on giving, and the Butternuts will soon be ready for harvest. The tomatoes have finally fruited, very late this year, but still abundant. The cukes are finishing up, and I have had "volunteers" all over the place: lots of chard, sunflowers popping up, tomatillos that I didn't even plant this year, these are from seeds planted at least three years ago! The tulsi plants (holy basil) came back and I've still got Meyer Lemons fruiting; the bush has been flowering and fruiting almost non stop, one crop after another. I decided last year to use mulch everywhere in the style of a "Back to Eden" garden and it is paying off marvelously. But there's something else; something subtle and not in this dimension. There are beautiful presences everywhere in this garden, they feel glorious and WILD. I can't see them with my eyes but they are very palpable. I invited the Good Folk to be welcome to my garden and I think they are here, and I am grateful for their company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home